Almost everyone faces tanning as one of the most common beauty problems. The sun's intensive heat affects our skin in more ways than one. Our skin becomes tanned and dull owing to exposure to the sun's harsh UV rays. Although sunshine is an amazing source of natural vitamin D, even a mild exposure to its harmful UV rays skyrockets dermal melanin and vitamin D synthesis, which is extremely deleterious for your skin.
In extreme cases, overexposure to UV rays can lead to different temporary or permanent dermatological issues such as painful sunburns and skin cancer. Thus, it is important that you nip the hazardous bud of skin tanning before it does some serious harm.
Different ways to remove tan
Sunlight's effects vary among people, but those with sensitive skin are especially vulnerable. Even sunscreens cannot reverse the damage of sunrays that manage to penetrate its barrier. Thus, it is important that you know how to remove suntan for an effective skincare regimen.
Here's how you can start:
- Exfoliate: Mild skin exfoliating helps remove dead cells from your skin's outer layer.
- Using Skin lightening products.
- Take a shower immediately upon returning home.
- Use baking soda weekly.
- Apply a gentle nail buffer for five minutes after returning home.
- Use homemade or trusted tan removers regularly.
How natural ingredients can help reduce your tan:
If you are a fan of using organic components for skin care, given below are a few tan removing ingredients easily available at home:
Tomatoes are amazing for skincare and beauty. As vitamin C and antioxidant source, they enable collagen in your skin. They also reverse the effects of pollution and sunburn due to their constituent- lycopene, that is akin to a natural sunscreen. It also helps in combating skin damage by stimulating cell growth, thus aiding in tan protection.
- Mash and use a tomato's pulp by applying it evenly all over your face.
- Let it sit on for at least 15 minutes and then rinse off with cold water.
- Repeat twice a week for best results.
- When used routinely, tomatoes completely uproot tanning and increase skin brightness.
This common Indian kitchen ingredient lightens skin tone. Therefore, it is routinely used to as a gentle de-tan scrub. It also rejuvenates facial skin and adds a natural glow by absorbing deep-seated impurities.
- To 3 tablespoons of gram flour, add a teaspoon of olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly and apply it to your face for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off using lukewarm water.
- Repeat twice a week.
- Add a pinch of turmeric to your gram flour face pack for best results. Turmeric's therapeutic properties help gram flour's abilities at tan removal and skin tone lightening.
3. Curd and Honey
These surreptitiously amazing kitchen ingredients are the best de-tan removers out there. Curd acts as a bleaching agent by reducing pigmentation. Its inherent enzymes and acids steadily exfoliate while cooling your skin. Likewise, honey's anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties heal dead skin cells.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to 2 tablespoons of curd.
- Mix well and apply an even layer to affected areas.
- Let dry for 20 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat daily.
Say goodbye to irreversible tanning and skin pigmentation by Kiaa Republik's face scrub in your daily beauty and skincare regimen. Packed with the richness of nature and science, it's secret formulation will work wonders to keep your skin radiant and glowing.
Here are the natural ingredients used in Kiaa Republik's unique blend of de-tan Face Scrub:
- It is composed of medium chain fatty acids that combat dryness and help your skin retain its moisture.
- It provides a protective shield, helping create a barrier on your skin against surrounding toxins, dirt and grime.
- It combats damage done by UV radiation.
- Fights skin inflammation.
- Reduces hyperpigmentation.
- Helps in healing sun damage
- Contains minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- Rose oil is fantastic for tackling dry skin.
- Has astringent, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, healing inflammation, acne, puffiness and redness.
- It helps improve your complexion.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of its extract reduce puffiness and inflammation of the skin.
- Helps heal burns for soothing skin.
- Rosemary's medicinal properties makes it a potent cure for chronic skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis.
- Sandalwood oil is proven natural remedy for treating skin conditions.
- Assists in tackling excessive sebum secretions, pigmentation, acne, and other skin ailments.
- This nature's gift boasts of cooling and soothing properties, making it perfect for Ayurvedic cosmetic products.
- It is used for routine skin care, fighting blemishes, rashes, delaying fine lines and wrinkles, tans reducing and dullness.
- Walnut Shell enlivens dull skin by gently removing impurities and dead cells.
- Kiaa Republik's exfoliating de-tan Face Scrub smoothens and refines your face's texture by using finely ground Walnut shells.
- It works on pimples as it washes down on your skin and makes it supple and delicate.
- Finely ground walnut shell is the best natural exfoliant and clears out impurities and dirt in just a single wash.
Acai fruit oil
- Highly Moisturizing.
- Restores Skin Elasticity
- Potent Anti-Inflammatory properties.
- Organic Emollient.
- Helps fight harmful Free Radicals.
- Might help destroy and prevent cancer cell formation.
- Powerful Antioxidant.
Sunflower seed oil
- Sunflower seed oil is one of the best sources of vitamin E
- It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients.
- It is effective for combatting tackling skin care problems such as mild redness, acne, inflammation, and irritation of the skin due to toxic elements.
- Sunflower oil also contains certain emollient properties that enable skin to retain its moisture.
Although spending time under the sun has its own health benefits, you should take protective measures by limiting time spent outdoors in harsh sunshine for combating skin cancer risk and premature aging.
By now, you must've learnt well that clinically tested skin lightening products and gentle exfoliation can help reduce the effects of a tan. Kiaa Republik's Radiant Glow De Tan Face Scrub goes a step ahead by combining exfoliation with skin brightening, using natural ingredients in a tried and tested concoction.
Furthermore, an assortment of home remedies employing common kitchen ingredients can work wonders as a self-de-tan at home. Do remember that exfoliating before applying a de-tan face scrub helps reduce streaking or unevenness.