Thick, smooth and glossy hair is indicative of a perfectly healthy hair regimen. Everybody doesn't get born with silky hair. If you don't follow a good diet or use incompatible hair products with for your hair type, then your hair can become brittle and dry.
The moisture in your hair can decline with the stripping off of natural oils secreted by your scalp.
Do not worry; by inducing a few improvements listed below, you should be able to accentuate your hair's natural silkiness in no time.
How can I make my hair smooth and silky at home?
Given below are home-remedies containing all-natural ingredients that you can try. These remedies can, sooner than later, help you get the best results for your weather-beaten hair.
Step 1: Whip 2 Egg Whites in a bowl with 1spoonful of olive oil and 2 Honey drops. Mix well.
Step 2: Spread the paste throughout your hair using a brush.
Step 3: Cover your hair for 20 minutes with a shower cap.
Step 4: Rinse off with water and a soft scented shampoo.
Step 1: In a cup, add 3 tablespoons Coconut oil and warm for some time.
Step 2: Rub warm oil on your scalp for nearly 15 minutes with your fingertips.
Step 3: Cover your hair for nearly 20 minutes with a shower cap.
Step 4: Wash off using cool water and a light shampoo.
Step 1: Cut an onion and blend for removing its juice
Step 2: Stir well with 3 drops of Essential Lavender Oil next.
Step 3: Rub your scalp carefully with this treatment and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
Step 4: Rinse off using water and shampoo.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Step 1: Dilute 2 cups of Apple Cider Vinegar in a bowl with 1 cup of water.
Step 2: Wash your hair as you normally do.
Step 3: Wash with your recently concocted Apple Cider Vinegar solution after the hair has been conditioned.
Step 4: Cover with a shower cap, so that your ACV solution can be kept dry for 15 minutes.
Step 1: Add three olive oil tablespoons to a bowl and heat until mildly warm.
Step 2: Rub warm oil on your scalp for 15 minutes with your fingertips.
Step 3: Cover the hair for 20 minutes with a shower cap.
Step 4: Wash off with cold water with a soft shampoo.
You can skip the hassle of preparing these home-remedies by simply buying Kiaa Republiks' Ultimate Anti-Hair Fall and Anti-Dandruff Regime - containing shampoo, conditioner and hair mask for nourishing dry hair to reduce split ends and frizz. The product combo contains almost all the ingredients listed above, and is suitable for both men and women!
How to make hair silky for men?
Nobody likes straw hair type, but a lot of hair care items sold for silky hair for women are used by men too. To get silky hair especially when you're a male, you'll need to comb out a gentle shampoo, natural conditioners and natural hair oil from the hair care aisle of a departmental store (or an e-commerce website). Plus, you'd need to wash your hair regularly but sparingly.
Although exact routines can differ with hair type and quality, it can really be very easy to get silky hair as long as you do it right.
Pick a mild shampoo: You have to keep your hair clean, but not too clean to strip off the scalp's nutrients. The natural oils in your hair help to keep your hair strong and stable but they can also attract dirt and make your hair filthy. You must coordinate between your hair washing routine and your hair type, so that a mild shampoo is an essential part of your cleansing ritual.
- Try using natural shampoos to eliminate heavy chemical scents in mass-produced shampoos for men.
- Even if you are not a child, kids or child shampoo will keep your hair silky very effectively with a minimal amount of toxic ingredients.
Also use a natural conditioner: One way to get silky hair, even though you don't wash your hair, is by conditioning it daily. Conditioner helps to improve hair tips, to keep each strand long and stable and to prevent split ends and issues with hair that can influence your hair texture.
Conditioner helps to improve hair tips, to keep each strand long and stable and to prevent split ends and issues with hair that can influence your hair texture. Just with a shampoo, check for an unnatural perfume and dyes in your conditioner. You can't avoid using a conditioner on your scalp if you have short hairstyles. To prevent the hair from being weighted down use a gentle or a volumizing conditioner.
How to make hair silky for women?
In this world, there is not one single woman who is forever content with her hair. Sure, some nice hair days are always around, but the operative term is 'some.' Such downers progressively play on your tresses due to sun exposure or excessive usage of hot hair appliances, until you eventually start noticing too much damage.
The good news is that you still need not to lose heart. You can read our well-tested home remedies below to know how you can get silky hair.
- Frequently oil your hair: Do not wash your hair for at least 1 hour after oiling your hair. Any hair-free oil, such as coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil and argan oil can be used. The scalp becomes particularly good when massaged with a good-quality hair-oil oil. Apply hair oil only on strands and ends if you have an oily scalp, and prevent the hair's roots.
- Use hair masks: Using hair masks once a week will help to preserve your hair with its natural oils. Apply each of the hair masks as mentioned below, keep it on for 1 hour, rinse with shampoo, and then apply a hair-conditioner.
- Frequently use natural conditioners. After washing your hair, you can use the following ingredients as a conditioner:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Be mindful of the weather:In line with the season's requirements, you can choose to wash your hair per week. During the summer, particularly when sweat and dirt blocks your scalp and the roots of new hair follicles, you can wash your hair every alternate day. However, it is enough to wash twice a week during winters. Don't torture your hair with a harsh product instead of a mild shampoo and conditioner. Natural or homemade hair care items are safer to be used than pricey industrial products.
- Battle the tangles: Brush your hair and remove the tangles carefully every morning. Next, massage your scalp for at least two-three minutes. Bend over and put your head upside down for a couple of minutes for better circulation of blood which also helps in boosting hair growth.
Some general Do's and Don'ts
- Try various DIY hair masks to keep them healthy.
- Your diet plays a major role in the wellbeing of your hair. So be sure to take good protein, rich foods for thick and shiny hair.
- Practice meditation and yoga for relaxed hair, as stress and anxiety have been shown to cause hair loss.
- Sleep enough each day to let your scalp and body rest well so that your hair looks good
- If your hair is too dry, a reset in the form of a new cut could be required
- Start picking up hair-building supplements
- Add to your diet omega-3s and antioxidants.
- Avoid daily hair wash.
- Instead of wrapping your hair with a rough towel, try drying with a cotton shirt.
- Heat styling reduction.
- Try to take cold showers.
- Use natural oils.
Can we make our hair silky permanently?
No magic trick can ensure the high quality and texture of your hair. In taking care of it, you must be consistent. Otherwise, it's pretty straightforward!
- If your shampoo contains sulfates: SLS, SLES or Ammonium Laurel Sulfate (ALS), it could cause your hair to dry up. These are strong surfactants.
- Massage 2–3 drops of argan oil in your hair after shampoo, if it is already dry.
- Use a silk pillow cloth to wrap your hair after a wash, since your hair can get frizzier by using a towel.
- Before you go to bed, braid your hair.
Improving your dry hair with home remedies is easy enough and risk-free. However, long-term hair loss and breakdown can be a symptom of other health problems. If you have all of these signs, talk to a dermatologist:
- Falling of hair in clumps.
- Bald spots or baldness cycles.
- Hair breakage when brushed.