While we all dream for a flawlessly smooth and uniform skin, the harsh reality is that most of us suffer with uneven skin tones, especially on our face. This skin condition might further manifest as acne scars, age spots, redness, or sun damage, which can result in even more damage resulting in color patches or blemishes on the skin.
Thankfully, there are several natural treatments available to assist you level out your skin's discoloration and even hyperpigmentation.
Reasons for the development of uneven skin tone
Your skin tone can end up becoming uneven for a several reasons, including:
1. Excessive Sun Tan: Most of us suffer from the harsh effects of a sun tan. But when your exposure to the harsh rays of the sun becomes too intense, your skin starts generating an excessive amount of melanin. Such pigments capture UV rays, which eventually destroy your skin cells and cause the exposed regions to seem darker than the others. This is also the primary cause for hyperpigmentation.
2. Hyperpigmentation as a result of an inflammatory process: If any area of your skin has been injured, the scar may darken. This is referred to as scarring and its ultimate result is called "scar tissue". Acne on the face can also sometimes leave unsightly scars.
3. Hormonal Changes: If you have been through a pregnancy, are currently pregnant or use any intrusive or oral contraception, the resulting hormonal imbalances may trigger an excessive melanin production. Melasma is a skin condition that causes an uneven skin tone. Melasma can occur if your skin responds to certain cosmetics or medications.
4. Aging: As you become older, you acquire age spots on your face and other regions of your skin due to a progressive death of your skin cells.
The path to an even skin tone begins with proper skin care. You can either prevent or delay the effects of all the above skin conditions with the remedies listed below.
How to get rid of uneven skin tone naturally?
Rather than endlessly buying expensive tinted moisturizers and concealers to no avail, you may adopt certain lifestyle adjustments, concentrate on your daily skincare regimen, and try a few natural home remedies to control your uneven skin tone.
If you follow these methods consistently, you will have even skin tone devoid of dark spots, pimples, and age marks:
1. Cleanse on a daily basis
There's a reason why skin care professionals encourage daily cleaning procedures. Cleaning your skin eliminates all makeup residue, dead skin cells as well as grime, and excessive oil build-up.
An accumulation of dead skin cells can obstruct your face's pores and cause breakouts, which can disrupt the even tone of your skin.
To keep your skin moisturized, use a gentle wash followed by a decent moisturizer. Select a moisturizer that can restore your skin's barrier protection ability and keep it hydrated. A good skin barrier keeps germs, dust and other foreign particulate substances out.
Maintaining a proper skin care regimen might help you in achieving an even skin tone.
2. Keep your skin hydrated from within
Having your skin — and your entire body — moisturized from within every day will benefit your skin greatly.
Drinking water nourishes your body's moisture content from the inside.
Using a moisturizer to the skin helps to soothe it, reducing dryness and redness. To avoid skin irritation and blocked pores, use noncomedogenic moisturizers.
Don't neglect the even moisturization of your entire body, not only your face. Using a broad-spectrum moisturizer on your hands that protects against both UVA and UVB radiation will help avoid age spots over time.
3. Apply sunscreen
Use sunblock every day to protect your skin from consistent UV damage, as discussed before. This would not only minimize the acute redness and peeling caused by sunburns, but it would also limit the creation of age spots.
Apply sunscreen daily and use it whenever you're going to step out in the sun, even during the winter.
4. Certain food and beverages should be avoided
Certain meals might cause flushed, uneven skin tones. Sugary snacks, for example, may hasten the formation of age spots and wrinkles.
Eliminating them might help you get the even skin tone you desire.
The following foods should be avoided:
- alcohol, which causes your blood vessels to expand, resulting in redness on your face
- spicy meals, which might result in irritation in your digestive tract, causing an onrush of blood towards your skin, causing redness and inflammation
- meals with a lot of refined sugar
- dairy products, which can cause a variety of skin irritations, including acne
- highly processed or oily meals, such as fries and chips
Why should Vitamin C be used as a treatment for an uneven skin tone?
Vitamin C is proven by research to be a powerful antioxidant. This implies that it lessens the harm which free radicals may inflict onto your face. The molecules that trigger inflammation within your face's skin are known as free radicals.
A few of the antioxidant benefits leveraged by Vitamin C on your face, as per the research conducted by the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University, include:
- decreasing premature cell death
- lowering the production of cytokines, which are proinflammatory chemicals
- minimizing the effects of ultraviolet (UV) light exposure
While topical vitamin C should not be used to substitute in lieu of sunblock for skin protection, it may actually shield against the damaging rays of the sun.
Kiaa Republiks’ Skin Repair & Glowing Skin Combo - Vitamin C Face Serum, Face Cream & Foaming Face Wash
This spectacular combination by Kiaa Republiks’ is comprised of their top-class face serum, face cream and foaming face wash.
This vitamin C face serum promotes collagen synthesis, which slows the ageing process of your skin. Another of its components- Hyaluronic acid-lends multi-faceted antioxidant defense, free radical cleanup to sun-damaged skin, and hydration by aloe vera leaving you with wonderfully firm skin with a natural shine. Kiaa Republiks' vitamin C face serum is the ideal complement to everybody's skincare regimen.
A revitalizing vitamin C foaming facewash that provides brightness as well as mild exfoliation is another feather in Kiaa Republiks' skin tone remedy hat. This alkaline-free antibacterial foaming facewash contains vitamin C extracts to prevent pimples, eliminate pollutants, and cleanse your face for a clearer, smoother, and acne-free skin.
Kiaa Republiks' Vitamin C face cream is the finest in India for preventing excess melanin formation. Thus, it helps in leveling out your complexion while giving it a beautiful glow. It neutralizes free radicals and preserves the skin's natural lipid barrier, which helps to erase pigmentation, brighten skin tone and aid in the development of a fantastic skincare regimen.
Uneven skin tone may not always necessitate the use of high-tech lasers and costly dermatologists. If such items fall within your budget, you are more fortunate than most. Those searching for a less expensive approaches to repair discoloration, on the other hand, could start with this blog.
Stop letting your skin's shortcomings make you appear and feel older than you actually are. Start fighting your uneven skin tone today with Kiaa Republiks' Vitamin-C Combo to reclaim your youthful beauty.
Remember, even skin does exist. Nonetheless, if you observe no change in your uneven complexion after a prolonged period despite following all recommendations listed above, it may be high time to visit an expert dermatologist for ruling out any medical concerns.