Do you cover your face with lots of makeup to hide dark spots? Do you constantly worry about them? Dark spots can not only hamper the beauty of your face, but for some people, it even reduces confidence. Suppose you can relate your situation to these circumstances. In that case, it's high time to understand your skin better and examine a permanent solution to overcome your dark spots.
It is undeniable that every issue has a root cause because it makes you feel uncomfortable. Thus, it is essential to understand the bottom of the situation and then find a remedy. Let's start understanding why your skin is producing dark spots.
You must have heard the word melanin; it is present in your skin. This specific pigment is accountable for the color of your eyes, hair, and skin. It is so incredible how one pigment takes the responsibility of physical appearance across the globe. All the human races have the same quantity of cells that generate melanin.
Now you must be thinking that if it's the same for all, then why not everyone has the same skin, eyes, and hair colors? Right? That's because it depends on the pigment's reaction with your skin cells, and that's how the color forms.
Offering color is not the only feature of this pigment, but it even protects your skin from harsh sun rays. The moment your skin gets exposed to the sun, the melanocytes start generating more melanin to protect it, but sometimes it overdoes it, leading to dark spots on the skin.
Do you know the leading causes of the enhancement of melanin that gives rise to dark spots in our skin? Know it now:
We come across this question all the time: how dark spots occur? Well, the answer to it is SUN DAMAGE. Yes, you read it right? Vitamin D is good for your health but consuming too much sun rays can harm the skin.
The body areas like hands, arms, and face get the most sun exposure; thus, they are more likely to develop sunspots.
Another cause that most of us never consider are hormonal changes. As per the American Academy of Dermatology, melasma is a skin condition that gets triggered by hormones. This problem usually arises during pregnancy, and the skin shows small patches.
Medication side effects
Certain medications enhance pigmentation of the skin and can lead to dark spots. Psychotropic drugs, tetracyclines, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are the most common culprits.
Diabetes is such a normal disease that you will find one person suffering from it in your family. You must have noticed that some part of their skin gets darker by the day because of this disease. It invites a condition that is known as acanthosis nigricans. Because of it, skin shows shiny spots all over the face or any part of the body.
These are some causes that arise from the dark spots in the skin. Now is the time to find out: How to treat dark spots?
With the prescribed medicines and dermatological process, people might find that a few home remedies can fade the presence of dark spots in the skin. Those few are:
Skin Care Combo
A combination of a few products from natural brands can help in fading the dark spots. Combos like Kiaa Republiks Skin Repair & Glowing Skin Combo can work well. It has Vitamin C face serum, face cream, and foaming face wash that is gentle to the skin. The presence of Vitamin C in it is helpful as it protects skin cells from damaging free radicals caused by UV exposure.
The three products that are included in this combo have some great benefits, let’s check this out:
- Mulberries are strong antioxidants that cleanse and enlighten your skin. And this ingredient is present in Kiaa Republiks products.
- An ideal nutrient for hydrating the skin, brightening the skin tone and diminishing tan is Vitamin C.
- The signs of aging get reduced with its anti-aging formula and helps in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and maintains the elasticity of the skin.
- Vitamin C natural extracts fade sunspots and protects from discoloration as well as refines skin texture.
- To defend against environmental damage, Hyaluronic acid offers antioxidants.
- The serum has especially lightweight texture & moisturizing qualities.
- The hyaluronic acid and omega 3 fatty acid helps in moisturizing the skin with extracts of shea butter which assists to handle repair, irritation and nourishment.
- Vital fatty acids are included in Cocoa butter that maintain the skin's lipid barrier to keep the moisturizer in to make your skin soft and supple.
Nature has given us so many things that help keep us healthy and even become the solution to certain skin problems. Here we are talking about dark spots; thus, some of the ingredients you get easily at home can help fade those unwanted spots.
- Combine potatoes with honey to use as a facemask and see the magic later. As it contains an enzyme called 'catecholase,' which helps reduce the spots.
- With fatty and acidic nature, aged buttermilk works in making your skin clearer.
- Aloe vera with enzymes, antioxidants, vitamins A and C treats skin well in the process of reducing the dark spots.
- Turmeric with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory elements assist in making the skin healthy and clean.
Dark spots on the skin can have a variety of causes. They are generally harmless and do not require any sort of treatment. But if a person desires spotless skin, they can try various treatments from clinical to natural. Remember, the efficiency of the treatment relies on the cause of spots, and it may take different amounts of time as per it to get treated.